Prepositions of direction indicate that something is headed for or directed to somewhere. Prepositions of direction include prepositions such as into, on, onto, through, to, toward.
- We watched the bus disappear into the tunnel.
- A fly settled on my bread while I was eating it..
- My mom must have put the pumpkin onto someone else’s trolley in the supermarket.
- The bullet had gone through his head, but he survived.
- The teacher has gone to the loo again.
- The snake slithered toward the bullfrog..
These prepositions show direction of movement from somewhere, and some of the prepositions used here are away from, from, off, out.
- He warned them to keep away from his apple tree..
- Two tigers walking around are reported to have escaped from the circus..
- The strong wind blew the wig off his head.
- Everyone ran out the door when the fire started.