|5.4.3 Possessive Pronouns Part 3|
Write these sentences in another way, using a possessive pronoun.
1. Those ducklings on the pond over there are mine.
3. Most of these superman comics are his.
4. This boundary hedge is theirs next door.
5. This empty vessel is ours.
6. I'm not sure but I think the jalopy belongs to that old couple. :; 6. I'm not sure but I think the jalopy is theirs.
7. Don't touch that bronze statue of me, it is mine.
8. That big web is its over there.
9. This pair of smelly socks cannot possibly be mine or yours.
10. He says the whole world is ours.
11. Look at Mary's purple hair. I think it is not hers naturally. It looks like a wig.
12. He says the poo is its, so its owner must remove it.
13. I was shocked when she asked if these fake dollar bills are mine.
14. I think these glasses are hers.
15. So you think your wife is yours, and you are hers forever?
16. When you divorce, your wife isn't yours, and you aren't hers.
17. For three years, they have been together she still doesn't feel she is his.
18. That chain is its.
19. If we or you hit the jackpot, how long does it take before we or you believe the large amount of money belongs to us or you?
19. If we or you hit the jackpot, how long does it take before we or you believe the large amount of money is ours or yours?.
20. My puppies are its or are mine? Or they are ours?