|5.3.2 Relative Pronouns Part 2|
Join each pair of sentences to make one longer sentence. Use 'who' or 'which' and leave out any unnecessary words.
1. Polly had been a policewoman for ten years. She was sentenced to four years in prison for robbery.
1. Polly who had been a policewoman for ten years was sentenced to four years in prison for robbery.
2. The girl who won the competition for having the longest hair lives in Hong Kong.
3. The train which was due to arrive at one o'clock never arrived.
4. The boy who rescued a litter of puppies from the blaze must be very brave.
5. The farmer who owns a herd of cows claims his cows are disappearing one by one.
6. They drove slowly by the house which one of them had described as haunted.
7. The window which faces to the south lets the rain in during a storm.
8. The pipes which had burst and flooded the house were very old ones.
9. George who rears pigs on his farm says he can know what the pigs think.
10. Two female passengers who fought in the plane were both injured in the fight.