Place the adverb in bracket in the correct position in the sentence. Click to check your answers.
Example. We walked to get there on time. (quickly)
We walked quickly to get there on time.
1. The rain had stopped when I arrived. (already)
1. The rain had already stopped when I arrived.
2. It is time for us to go. (almost)
2. It is almost time for us to go.
3. I have finished my exercise book. (nearly)
3. I have nearly finished my exercise book.
4. Those men came back to repair the pipe. (never)
4. Those men never came back to repair the pipe.
5. I go to bed before midnight. (nearly always)
5. I nearly always go to bed before midnight.
6. I found it. (at school; last week)
6. I found it at school last week.
7. She saw her friend. (at the station; yesterday)
7. She saw her friend at the station yesterday.
8. There was a huge fire. (in the village; a few weeks ago)
8. A few weeks ago, there was a huge fire in the village/There was a huge fire in the village a few weeks ago.
9. I must go. (at eight o'clock; to the market)
9. I must go to the market at eight o'clock.
10. There was a great flood; (in 1926; throughout the valley)
10. In 1926 there was a great flood throughout the valley.
11. I left my walking stick. (a few minutes ago; by that tree)
11. I left my walking stick by that tree a few minutes ago.
12. I will leave my bicycle. (at John's house; in future)
12. In future I will leave my bicycle at John's house.
13. Most of the boys decided to go. (for a drink; after the game, together)
13. Most of the boys decided to go together for a drink after the game.
14. We can post the parcel. (at the post office; later on)
14. Later on we can post the parcel at the post office.
15. You can go. (wherever you like; when you have finished your work)
15. When you have finished your work you can go wherever you like.
16. George is repairing a refrigerator. (at this very moment; at his uncle's house)
16. At this very moment George is repairing a refrigerator at his uncle's house.
17. I have been waiting for you. (here; for ten minutes)
17. I have been waiting here for you for ten minutes/I have been waiting for you here for ten minutes.
18. It is very hot. (in the afternoon; in this room)
18. It is very hot in this room in the afternoon.
19. It is unwise to go. (at night; into that part of the jungle)
19. It is unwise to go into that part of the jungle at night.
20. Michael caught two fish. (yesterday; just over there)
20. Yesterday Michael caught two fish just over there.