|4.1.3 Types of Adverbs Part 3|
Put the adverb in bracket in the correct position within the sentence.
21. She always reaches school punctually at half past seven.
22. He picked up the jug carelessly and some water came out.
23. He carelessly picked up the wrong bag.
24. The car stopped abruptly outside our house.
25. He arrived home unexpectedly.
26. She stared at it as if she had never seen a snake before.
27. He pulled a rope with all his strength.
28. He told us angrily that we should not speak.
29. He did his work badly so he had to do it again.
30. I asked my father hopefully for some money.
31. She opened the parcel most carefully.
32. I arranged all the stamps in their right order.
33. She looked thoughtfully at the letter.
34. That boy has been behaving in a strange way recently.
35. Tom waited impatiently for the train to arrive.
36. My father often likes to go for a walk in the evening.
37. He has just finished the job you gave him.
38. She seldom goes to that shop now.
39. I am quite sure there is something wrong with it.
40. He usually prefers tea to coffee.