|3.4.2 Correct Usage of Adjectives Part 2|
Preposition used after an adjective. Put in the missing words:
16. Is he fond of tea?
17. She is anxious to start.
18. I was angry with/at him.
19. He was pleased with us.
20. She is keen on hockey.
21. He is interested in flying.
22. She is envious of them.
23. That was foolish of you.
24. It was expensive to buy.
25. Is he worried about them?
26. She was afraid of it.
27. I was terrified of it.
28. She was annoyed with us.
29. He is sure to agree.
30. He is prepared to go.
31. I was patient with them.
32. He was reluctant to go.
33. He is very clever with his hands.
34. She is good at dancing.
35. I am tired of waiting.
36. The accused man said that he was innocent _____ murder. The jury eventually found him guilty _____ manslaughter.
36. The accused man said that he was innocent of murder. The jury eventually found him guilty of manslaughter.
37. She was silent for several minutes.
38. His bicycle is quite different from yours.
39. That was very convenient for us.
40. They say that Albert is brilliant at football.
41. She was excited by the news of her brother’s success.
42. We were both surprised at/by his conduct.
43. She said, “I am disappointed in/with you.”
44. I was puzzled by what he said.
45. She was astonished by the unusual sight.
46. He was exhausted by the tiring journey.
47. His car was badly damaged by a lorry.
48. It was easy for us to escape.
49. It was difficult for us to find out where he lived.
50. He was boastful of his success in the competition.
51. Be careful not to cut yourself.
52. Be careful of the traffic.
53. The dancing was delightful to watch.
54. This medicine can be harmful to young children.
55. That was very courageous of him.
56. It is dangerous to swim in that part of the river.
57. He is famous for his backhand shots.
58. My father is very suspicious of that man.
59. Those shoes will be quite comfortable for her.
60. It was most sensible of him to do that.
61. He is active in several school societies.
62. It's no good feeling sorry for yourself.
63. It was wrong of him to say that.
64. She looks worried about something.
65. Try to make his stay here pleasant to him.