|2.6.1 Regular and Irregular Verbs|
Fill in each blank with the past participle of the verb given in bracket.
1. He was almost hit by a taxi as he was crossing the street.
2. The hotel in the distance could hardly be seen because of smoke.
3. John said he had not slept for forty hours.
4. When I realized I had won the jackpot, I felt I could have wept for joy.
5. It was reported that one of the kids had fallen into the river.
6. Maradona was forbidden from leaving the country.
7. Their cat was badly bitten by a dog.
8. We were all sworn to secrecy about the plan.
9. A Christmas message was broadcast to the nation.
10. The ship had sunk without trace.
11. He had a newspaper spread open on his knee.
12. No one was seriously hurt in the accident.
13. His words were carefully chosen to convey the right message.
14. Their share of the market has shrunk from 14% to 5%.
15. The men who robbed the bank are known to the police.
16. The pond had frozen solid.
17. They have dug deep for buried treasure.
18. His clothes were badly torn.
19. The gang had already fled when the police arrived.
20. She has just come out of a coma.