|18.2.1 Verb + -ing (Gerunds and Particles)|
Rewrite the following sentences using gerunds or verbs + ing.
1. Stop behaving like a small child.
2. When are you going to start working?
3. I think they are preventing me from winning the race.
4. He hugged her, almost lifting her off the ground.
5. She was telling us jokes and we couldn't stop laughing.
6. Never punish children by making them go hungry.
7. He had hurt his leg and was limping badly.
8. Please will you all join with me in singing the national anthem.
9. They use different criteria for judging success at school.
10. She had great difficulty learning to read and write.
11. It has been raining for an hour now.
12. I wrote explaining the issues in great detail.
13. Avoid bending at the waist when lifting heavy objects.
14. l love just watching the world go by.
15. The guests were listening with great interest.
16. Writing poetry kept him busy during his leisure.
17. My sister is interested in learning how to knit.
18. They are fond of fishing at the lake.
19. She was sorry for losing my book.
20. Are you used to sitting cross-legged?
21. He doesn't mind being reminded of his past mistakes.
22. She kept interrupting our conversation.
23. Have you ever tried making a fire without a match?
24. Those boys enjoy teasing girls.