Use the SIMPLE PAST TENSE of the verbs in bracket for the following passive sentences.
Click the sentences to see the answers.
Example: A valuable painting _____ (steal) from the museum.
A valuable painting was stolen from the museum.
1. Our team _____ (beat) in the final.
1. Our team was beaten in the final.
2. I think it _____ (do) some time during the night.
2. I think it was done some time during the night.
3. The sandwiches _____ soon _____ (eat).
3. The sandwiches were soon eaten.
4. The spare parts _____ (want) urgently so they _____ (fly) in from the supplier.
4. The spare parts were wanted urgently so they were flown in from the supplier.
5. These books _____ (borrow) from the boys in another class.
5. These books were borrowed from the boys in another class.
6. The injured man _____ (carry) to an ambulance.
6. The injured man was carried to an ambulance.
7. The thief _____ (chase) by a crowd of angry people.
7. The thief was chased by a crowd of angry people.
8. She _____ (marry) on Saturday.
8. She was married on Saturday.
9. Most of these stamps _____ (collect) by my brother when he was much younger.
9. Most of these stamps were collected by my brother when he was much younger.
10. The blackboard _____ (clean) at the end of the previous lesson.
10. The blackboard was cleaned at the end of the previous lesson.
11. _____ that meat _____ (cook) today or yesterday?
11. Was that meat cooked today or yesterday?
12. _____ your brother _____ (offer) the job?
12. Was your brother offered the job?
13. _____ all the games _____ (finish) in time?
13. Were all the games finished in time?
14. The money _____ (count) before it was handed in.
14. The money was counted before it was handed in.
15. _____ those plants _____ (water) last night?
15. Were those plants watered last night?
16. Not all the passengers _____ (rescue).
16. Not all the passengers were rescued.
17. His car _____ (search) thoroughly when he went through the Customs.
17. His car was searched thoroughly when he went through the Customs.
18. We _____ (stop) by the police when we came to the police barrier.
18. We were stopped by the police when we came to the police barrier.
19. Both drivers _____ slightly _____ (injure) in the accident.
19. Both drivers were slightly injured in the accident.
20. The guests _____ (receive) at the gate by the host.
20. The guests were received at the gate by the host.