|13.3.1 Changing Direct Speech into Indirect Speech Part 1|
Change the following sentences into indirect speech.
1. The teacher told him to go and see his form master. The teacher said that the form teacher would tell what to do."
2. "All the tickets for today's show have been sold. We will go another day," Jane said to her sister.
2. Jane said to her sister that all the tickets for that day's show had been sold. She told her that they would go another day.
3. Grace said to me that she knew where Ray was. She told me he's down by the river, fishing.
4. Mike said to me that he could post the letters for me. He told me that he was going to the Post Office the next day.
5. "Let's go to Hong Kong," Lucy suggested to her brothers. "There's a water carnival on this week-end."
5. Lucy suggested to her brothers that they went to Hong Kong," She told them that there's a water carnival on this week-end.
6. The old man advised the boys not to go swimming in the river. He told them that there were crocodiles in it.
7. The teacher said, "There will be a test next Monday. Anybody who doesn't get at least half marks will be in trouble."
7. The teacher said that there would be a test the following Monday. He said that anybody who didn't get at least half marks would be in trouble.
8. Mr. Williams told his wife, "I'll probably be late tonight. The meeting will take quite a long time. Don't wait up for me."
8. Mr. Williams told his wife that he would probably be late that night. He told her that the meeting would take quite a long time and not to wait up for him.
9. Sue told her brother that he had put on a lot of weight since she last saw him.
10. My father told me not to go away until the clerk had given me a receipt.
11. Mary told her mother that she would be starting her sewing lessons the following month.
12. I told Jim that the trip had been postponed to the end of the month..
13. She said that her bicycle had been stolen.
14. I said that it was taken during the night.
15. My father reminded us, "Your cousins will arrive early tomorrow morning. They are driving down from Liverpool."
15. My father reminded us that our cousins would arrive early the next morning. He told us that they were driving down from Liverpool.
16. I said that I hadn't lost anything.
17. We were told that we were too young to register for National Service.
18. Neil was told that he was not tall enough to get in the Police.
19. Peter told me that his family would be moving to San Diego the next month.
20. He said to us that he would wait for us at the bus station. He asked us not to be late.