Convert the following in direct speech into indirect speech. Click each of them for the answer.
1. "Hurry up!" he shouted to us.
1. He shouted to us to hurry up.
2. She asked John, "Please turn on the light."
2. She asked John to turn on the light.
3. "Don't be late again," the boss warned him.
3. The boss warned him not to be late again.
4. Someone called out to him, "Be careful!"
4. Someone called out to him to be careful.
5. "Be careful when you come to the bend," Nick told his brother.
5. Nick told his brother to be careful when he came to the bend.
6. Her mother said to her, "Pick the bag up and put it on the table."
6. Her mother told her to pick the bag up and put it on the table.
7. "Buy some bananas for me," my father told me.
7. My father told me to buy some bananas for him.
8. "Buy some apples for me when you go to the market tomorrow," her sister told her.
8. Her sister told her to buy some apples for her when she went to the market the next day.
9. "Go and see Tim," my brother told me.
9. My brother told me to go and see Tim.
10. "Go and ask Sid to lend me his bicycle," my sister said to me.
10. My sister told me to go and ask Sid to lend her his bicycle.
11. "Switch on the fan," my brother told me. "Bring me a glass of water."
11. My brother told me to switch on the fan and to bring him a glass of water.
12. "Don't fall asleep," my mother reminded me. "You have to go and help your father."
12. My mother reminded me not to fall asleep. She said I had to go and help my father.
13. "Don't waste your money on bets at the races," his father told him. "Save some each month."
13. My father told me not to waste my money on bets at the races and to save some each month.
14. "Ask Sid how much he wants for his bicycle," a friend asked me.
14. A friend asked me to ask Sid how much he wanted for his bicycle.
15. "Show this man where the main office is," Mr. Black said to me.
15. Mr. Black told me to show that man where the main office was.
16. "Write to Uncle Peter and thank him for the present," my mother told Mary.
16. My mother told Mary to write to Uncle Peter and thank him for the present.
17. "You are behaving badly," her aunt scolded her.
17. Her aunt scolded her that she was behaving badly.
18. "One member fell and hurt his leg quite badly,” he informed the group leader.
18. He informed the group leader that one member fell and hurt his leg quite badly..
19. The trainer instructed them, “This is the way to do it and try to do it by yourself.
19. The trainer instructed them that that was the way to do it and to do it by themselves.
20. The teacher said to the pupils, "Be careful to look both ways when you cross the road."
20. The teacher told the pupils to be careful to look both ways when they crossed the road.
21. "Enjoy yourself at the party," my mother said to my sister.
21. My mother told my sister to enjoy herself at the party.
22. "Lend me your book for a moment, please," Tom asked me.
22. Tom asked me to lend him my book for a moment.
23. "When you see Bob, tell him that Joe is looking for him," my brother said to me.
23. My brother told me to tell Bob when I saw him that Joe was looking for him.
24. "Don't forget to collect my watch from the shop," my sister reminded me.
24. My sister reminded me not to forget to collect her watch from the shop.
25. "Let the bird go," my sister said. "Don't put it in a cage."
25. My sister told me to let the bird go and not to put it in a cage.