|13.1.1 Direct speech or quoted speech|
Change these orders into indirect speech.
1. He told us to hurry up.
2. She told John to turn on the light.
3. My mother warned me not to be late tomorrow morning.
4. I told George to be careful.
5. I told Nick to be careful when he came to the bend.
6. My father told to me to pick that bag up and put it on the table.
7. My mother told Michael to buy some bananas for her.
8. My sister told Mary to buy some apples for her when she went to the market the next day.
9. My brother told me to go and see Tim.
10. My sister told me to go and see Sid and ask him to lend her his bicycle.
11. My brother old me to switch on the fan. He told/asked me to bring him a glass of water.
12. My mother told me not to fall asleep. She told/asked me to go and help my father.
13. My father told me not to waste my money. He told/asked me to save some each month.
14. My sister told me to ask Sid how much he wanted for his bicycle.
15. Mr. Black told me to take that man to the office.
16. My mother told Mary to write to Uncle Peter and thank him for the present.
17. He told me to behave myself properly.
18. My mother told me to make sure that I do not hurt myself.
19. My brother told me to try to do it by myself.
20. My father told Jim to be careful not to cut himself.
21. My mother advised my sister to enjoy herself at the party.
22. Tom asked me to please lend him my book a moment.
23. My brother told me to tell Bob when I see him that Joe is looking for him.
24. My sister told/asked me not to forget to collect her watch from the shop.
25. My sister told me to let the birds go. She told/asked me not to put them in a cage.