Use an article of a, an or the to fill in each blank so as to complete the sentence.
Click the sentence for the answer.
1. She's never been _____ sort of person to follow _____ herd.
1. She's never been the sort of person to follow the herd.
2. _____ pilot requested clearance for _____ emergency landing.
2. The pilot requested clearance for an emergency landing.
3. _____ government has chartered _____ plane to carry supplies to _____ disaster area.
3. The government has chartered a plane to carry supplies to the disaster area.
4. It is _____ worst disaster in _____ history of space travel.
4. It is the worst disaster in the history of space travel.
5. _____ dog got out of _____ yard through _____ hole in _____ fence.
5. The dog got out of the yard through a hole in the fence.
6. _____ child has had _____ unhappy home life.
6. The child has had an unhappy home life.
7. He showed me a picture of _____ missing girl in _____ hope that I might recognize her.
7. He showed me a picture of the missing girl in the hope that I might recognize her.
8. _____ class teaches young students how to use _____ computer.
8. The class teaches young students how to use a computer.
9. In _____ ideal world there would be no need for _____ police force.
9. In an ideal world there would be no need for a police force.
10. With _____ little imagination, he could visualize _____ old house as _____ luxury hotel.
10. With a little imagination, he could visualize the old house as a luxury hotel.
11. Lincoln had _____ eerie feeling that _____ place was haunted.
11. Lincoln had an eerie feeling that the place was haunted.
12. Plant _____ seeds at _____ depth of not more than ten centimeters.
12. Plant the seeds at a depth of not more than ten centimeters.
13. She told us _____ incredible story of her 134 days lost in _____ desert.
13. She told us the incredible story of her 134 days lost in the desert.
14. Dr Dawson received _____ invitation to speak at _____ scientific conference.
14. Dr Dawson received an invitation to speak at a scientific conference.
15. It would be doing him _____ kindness to tell him _____ truth.
15. It would be doing him a kindness to tell him the truth.
16. In _____ vast majority of cases _____ disease proves fatal.
16. In the vast majority of cases the disease proves fatal.
17. These findings point to _____ country with _____ worst record on pollution.
17. These findings point to the country with the worst record on pollution.
18. Their help has made _____ big difference to _____ team's success.
18. Their help has made a big difference to the team's success.
19. _____ other car was being driven right in _____ middle of _____ road.
19. The other car was being driven right in the middle of the road.
20. _____ board of directors wasn't convinced about _____ accuracy of _____ report.
20. The board of directors wasn't convinced about the accuracy of the report.