Convert the following in direct speech into indirect speech. Click each of them for the answer.
1. She admitted, "I steal money from my employer.”
1. She admitted that she stole money from her employer.
2. One of the judges declared, “This is the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted."
2. One of the judges declared that that was the best chocolate cake he/she had ever tasted.
3. We were told, "You are too young to register for National Service."
3. We were told that we were too young to register for National Service.
4. She said, “We often quarrel but we always make it up soon after.”
4. She said that they often quarrelled but they always made it up soon after.”
5. Peter told me, "My family will be moving to San Diego next month."
5. Peter told me that his family would be moving to San Diego the next month.
6. The army officer said, "The whole town was taken by rebel forces during the night."
6. The army officer said that the whole town was taken by rebel forces during the night.
7. "You have put on a lot of weight since I last saw you," Sue told her brother.
7. Sue told her brother that he had put on a lot of weight since she last saw him.
8. "Don't go away until the clerk has given you a receipt," my father said to me.
8. My father told me not to go away until the clerk had given me a receipt.
9. "I shall be starting my sewing lessons next month," Mary told her mother.
9. Mary told her mother that she would be starting her sewing lessons the following month.
10. "The trip has been postponed to the end of the month," I told Jim.
10. I told Jim that the trip had been postponed to the end of the month.
11. "All the tickets for today's show have sold out. We will go another day," Jane said to her sister.
11. Jane said to her sister that all the tickets for that day's show had sold out. She told her that they would go another day.
12. Grace said to me, "I know where Ray is. He's down by the river, fishing."
12. Grace said to me that she knew where Ray was. She told me he's down by the river, fishing.
13. Mike said to me, "I can post the letters for you. I'm going to the Post Office tomorrow."
13. Mike said to me that he could post the letters for me. He told me that he was going to the Post Office the next day.
14. "Let's go to Hong Kong," Lucy suggested to her brothers. "There's a water carnival on this week-end."
14. Lucy suggested to her brothers that they went to Hong Kong," She told them that there's a water carnival on that week-end.
15. The old man advised the boys, "Don't go swimming in the river. There are crocodiles in it."
15. The old man advised the boys not to go swimming in the river. He told them that there were crocodiles in it.
16. The teacher said, "There will be a test next Monday. Anybody who doesn't get at least half marks will be in trouble."
16. The teacher said that there would be a test the following Monday. He said that anybody who didn't get at least half marks would be in trouble.
17. Mr. Williams told his wife, "I'll probably be late tonight. The meeting will take quite a long time. Don't wait up for me."
17. Mr. Williams told his wife that he would probably be late that night. He told her that the meeting would take quite a long time and not to wait up for him.
18. The teacher told them, "Go and see your principal. He will tell you what to do."
18. The teacher told them to go and see their principal. The teacher said that the principal would tell them what to do.
19. My father reminded us, "Your cousins will arrive early tomorrow morning. They are driving down from Liverpool."
19. My father reminded us that our cousins would arrive early the next morning. He told us that they were driving down from Liverpool.
20. He said to us, "I'll wait for you at the bus station. Don't be late.
20. He said to us that he would wait for us at the bus station. He asked us not to be late.